WEB MAIL BEACH
WEATHER HOTELS/MOTELS REAL ESTATE
DINING OUR TOWNS FISHING - BOATING
CHARTER BOATS SHOPPING NIGHTLIFE THE OCEAN THE BAY
Fenwick Island State Park Information
|Open 8 a.m. to Sunset Year-Round
Between Bethany Beach and Fenwick Island on Route 1
P.O. Box 76, Millville, DE 19970 (302-539-9060) 302-539-1055 in Summer
Fenwick Island State Park is a 3-mile stretch of barrier island that lies between Bethany Beach to the north and Fenwick Island to the south.
Before becoming a park in 1966, the site, constantly changing under the forces of nature, was wild and undeveloped. During World War II, the area was part of Delaware's coastal defense system. A concrete observation tower from the war still stands near the park's northern boundary.
The park offers 344 acres of ocean and bay shoreline on either side of Route 1 with swimming, surfing, fishing, sailing, windsurfing, clamming, crabbing, birdwatching and a host of other activities.
Facilities, Features of Fenwick Island State Park
- Swimming -- Lifeguards from Memorial Day to Labor Day, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., weather permitting.
- Bathhouse with showers, changing rooms, gift shop, snack food concession, umbrella, chair and raft rentals.
- Ocean Side -- Surf Fishing, Surfing
- Bay Side -- Sailing, Windsurfing, Jet Skis, Crabbing, Clamming.
- Birds -- Piping Plover (federally protected), Sea Gulls, Terns, Osprey, Herons, Loons, Duck, Geese, occasional Bald Eagle.
Reminders From the Fenwick Island State Park Office
- Fees are collected daily in summer; weekends and holidays in spring and fall. Annual permits are available at park office.
- Swimming in unguarded areas unsafe. Proper swimming attire required. Sun protection recommended.
- People, pets and vehicles must stay off dunes. Cross only at designated pedestrian or vehicular crossings. Report incidents of dune damage to park office.
- Pets are permitted in some areas but must be kept on a leash and be attended at all times. Pets are not permitted on swimming beaches from May 1 to Sept. 30.
- Surf fishing vehicle permit required to drive onto beach. See park office for permit requirements and surf fishing area maps.
- Fires are prohibited on the beach.
- People, pets and vehicles may not enter designated bird nesting areas. Respect all signs and fences indicating closed areas.
- Plants and animals are protected by law and may not be removed.
- Keep the park grounds and restrooms clean and remember to recycle when possible.
More Info on Fenwick Island State Park
If you would like your business listed on Beach-net Contact us here!
Home | The Ocean | The Bay | Things To Do at the Beach | Restaurants & Dining | Hotels - Motels & Lodging Shopping | Beach Directions |
Our Towns | Beach Real Estate & Vacation Rentals | What’s New
What's Here | Beach Weather | Our Advertisers | Beach Maps