WEB MAIL BEACH
WEATHER HOTELS/MOTELS REAL ESTATE
DINING OUR TOWNS FISHING - BOATING
CHARTER BOATS SHOPPING NIGHTLIFE THE OCEAN THE BAY
Holts Landing State Park Information
Open 8 a.m. to Sunset Year-Round
From Rt. 26, take County Road 346 or 347 N. to park entrance (follow signs)
P.O. Box 76, Millville, DE 19970 (302-539-9060)
Holts Landing State Park is located near Millville on the south shores of the Indian River Bay. The 203-acre park contains bay shore grass, grassy fields, hardwood forests, small ponds, a variety of birds and animals, picnic areas, a boat ramp and many other facilities.
Holts Landing was long maintained as a small farm by the Holt Family, which sold the site in 1957 to the Delaware highway department. In 1965, the land became Holts Landing State Park when it was transferred to the Delaware State Park Commission.
Nearby Assawoman Canal is also part of Holts Landing. The 97-acre, 3-mile canal connects Indian River Bay with Little Assawoman Bay to the south. The canal was originally dug by hand in the 1890s. At one time, the shallow canal was part of the Intracoastal Waterway System.
Facilities, Features of Holts Landing State Park
- Baseball, softball fields
- Boat ramp for small motor boats, sailboats, windsurfers, jet skis
- Fishing from boat or shoreline -- Flounder, Bluefish, Perch, Sea Trout
- Crabbing, Clamming
- Picnic pavilion with built-in barbecue grill
- Picnic tables and grills under shade trees
- Birds -- Hawks, Herons, Osprey, Songbirds
- Wildlife -- Deer, Raccoons, Opossums, Muskrats, Foxes
Reminders From the Park Office
- Fees are collected daily in summer, weekends and holidays in spring and fall. Annual permits are available at park office.
- Pets are permitted in some areas of the park but must be kept on a leash and attended at all times.
- Obey posted speed limits.
- Fires are prohibited on the beach.
- Do not remove or disturb plants and animals.
- Keep the park grounds and restrooms clean and remember to recycle when possible.
More Info on Holts Landing State Park
If you would like your business listed on Beach-net Contact us here!
Delaware Web Design & Internet Advertising - Coastal Images Inc.
Home | The Ocean | The Bay | Things To Do at the Beach | Restaurants & Dining | Hotels - Motels & Lodging Shopping | Beach Directions |
Our Towns | Beach Real Estate & Vacation Rentals | What’s New
What's Here | Beach Weather | Our Advertisers | Beach Maps